Fire & Safety Officer
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in the duties of the fire fighting and rescue team.
- Inspect, test and maintain fire and safety mobile detection and protection systems/equipment and life saving appliances.
- Provide guidance and stretch effective supervision on all Fire & safety technicians and Emergency Response Intervention Team in all fire watch activities and ensure compliance with the safety requirements during normal & critical activities.
- Closely monitor performance of all critical life safety equipment & assume responsibility on necessary replenishment, refurbishments, phasing out and introduction of new requirements & necessary budget controlling.
- Effectively participate in development of UAE national Fire &Safety Technicians.
- Completion of BSC in physical or chemical science (16 years education) or equivalent, plus direct vocational training of a minimum of (2 years).
- 5 years practical experience in fire fighting and life saving activities in offshore oil/gas production or oil marine tankers companies’ using modern fire fighting/life saving methods and equipment.